Bike Commute - Day 1

This was my first day bike commuting in Eugene. I've ridden my bike to work before but that was when I worked at Purdue or when we lived just a few minutes from work. Now we live 20 miles away from where I work. Our kids go to school about 10 miles from home and I'm the morning bus service. So, this morning after dropping them off, I hopped on my bike and headed for work. The downside is I got to work later than if I had driven... but that's about it. The upside includes exercise, fresh air, scenery (Amazon Creek, ducks, geese, a green heron, other birds, Willamette River) and gas/$$/environment savings. It was a little cool this morning (46 ºF) but I was dressed just about right. My hands were cold a bit but everything else was fine. I was a little cool but that's better than being a little hot. I'm gonna get a few more trips under my saddle before I start concluding what things I need to tweak for future trips.


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
15.9.200680min15.51mi15.51mi$2.37$2.37EUG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8