Bike Commute - Day 2


I took a couple days off (had a noon-ish meeting and then sailing). This morning an older guy with a trailer asked me about the Fern Ridge bike path. We were at the end of the trail where it joins 15th Ave. I said the bike route continues but on the surface streets. He was looking for High St. Since it was about a half dozen blocks east and I was curious, I rode with him. Turns out he's riding across the country. He was towing a trailing and had paniers. I also noticed a solar cell on the back of his trailer. He said it charges a gel cell which he uses for his cell phone, GPS and camera batteries. He said he started near Portland and rode out to the coast, down to Florence and then started his "coast to coast" trip. He said it was just a childhood dream he was realizing. Pretty cool.
This morning was just a little warmer than last Tuesday and I had an extra layer (wind shell). So I was dressed just right. The route was a little different as I continue to experiment. After crossing the Autzen bike bridge, I followed the Willamette River on the North Bank Trail. This was a nice gift because I love water and riding along the river with the rapids and other sights and sounds was really great.
Rode home with DougL (until we crossed the Willamette). It was fun to ride with someone especially one with so much cycling experience. Took some pictures (finally). I think Brandon will appriciate this one...


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
25.12.200680min15.92mi31.43mi$2.37$4.74EUG

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's not my squirrel, but I'm pretty sure the squirrel contingent is mounting a counter-attack, bikers beware! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8