Bike Commute - Day 3


Things are starting to heat up. The 9AM temp is already 63 ºF and it's supposed to reach 90!
[SUNNY AND UNSEASONABLY WARM WEATHER IS FORECAST FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST TODAY...WITH RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES EXPECTED IN MANY LOCATIONS. HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO EXCEED 90 DEGREES IN THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE WILLAMETTE VALLEY AND THE INTERIOR VALLEYS OF SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON TODAY...]
I feel like I'm starting to get somewhere. I know my way pretty well so that doesn't slow me down. I had to stop a bit this morning to shed a layer. Even with that zero VMG I was about a minute under my usual time. I'm not keeping real accurate time but it seems like I'm getting faster.

It's intriguing how you start noticing things once you begin to take more interest. I've started noticing cyclists and their machines. There are many students biking around campus. They're not very interesting. But I did see what might have been a professor on a goofy looking chopper type of thing... Seemed like he was ringing a bell every once in a while for no apparent reason... I chaulked it up to a notice-me-mentality. I also saw (last week) a guy with a bike trailer... only it was like a flat bed trailer (no gear bag or kid tent). There was a dog standing on a piece of plywood attached to the trailer. It was a pretty cool scene... too bad I wasn't ready with the camera. This morning I say a guy in a low riding recumbent. He had a tall lawn sail attached to the back so cars could see him... I'm sure that was a drag ;)


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
35.15.200679min15.92mi47.35mi$2.35$7.09EUG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8