Bike Commute - Day 4

Park & RideAnother warm day but if this is on the hotter end of the scale, I don't think I'll mind the summer heat. This was my first time commuting on consecutive days. It didn't kill be to get in the saddle this morning but I noticed...
Meanwhile, back to my hybrid commuting solution. No, I'm not talking about riding a hybrid bike. It's my creative use of a Park & Ride location where I drop off my kids at school. I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly what LTD had in mind but I leave my vehicle there (Willamette Christian Center). As far as I know, I'm the only one who implements the Ride portion of this concept on two wheels... (at least from this location).
So if you need to transport others part way to work, find the distance to work too much or want to avoid certain traffic areas, consider the hybrid Park (your vehicle) & Ride (your bicycle) solution.


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
45.16.200679min15.92mi63.26mi$2.35$9.44EUG

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is the best form of park and ride. I almost have my sister convinced it's a good idea. Drop her son and car off at day-care, ride to work. Solves a couple problems at the same time, and you get the added benefits of some exercise and gas savings.

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8