Bike Commute - Day 5

This morning, I was riding for time. I was just trying to get a better idea how fast I could push it. Certainly one of the limiting factors (besides me) are all the stop signs along 15th Ave. It's part of the city bike route and typically has many bikers. However, it's a pain to stop of couple of blocks (sometimes more). At any rate, I was moving pretty well and it appear I was going to be significantly quicker than norman (by about 5min or more). I was determined not to stop for pictures or clothing adjustment (which wasn't necessary).
I was into the sixth mile and see a strange site in front of me... What the... That guy (in front of me) is wearing chest waders... and oooh, they're breathable... and he's carrying a fly rod with a fighting butt. Well, I couldn't resist. I ask him if he's heading to the McKenzie but he's says he's heading home from fishing the Willamette. Is this a great place to live or what? Turns out he caught an 8-10 lb. steelhead on an egg sucking leech pattern (yellow head, purple body and black tail).
I think I might need a trailer so I can bring my fishing gear... But this morning, I make it to work in just under 35 minutes!


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
5
5.17.200635min7.96mi71.22mi$2.32$11.76EUG
40min7.96mi79.18mi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8