Bike Commute - Day 6


Sailing and WFH last Thursday and Friday. Back to typical OR spring weather this week. Wet! I picked up some gear over the weekend… none of it help prepare me to ride in the rain. I'm now equiped with a tire pump and levers. I had a patch kit but now I feel a bit less anxious about getting a flat. I also bought some White Lightning... which I really like so far. My son, on the other hand, bought a rear fender... smart! And he's not riding to work... Very few other bike commuters out in this weather... a few and I guess I have to say they're the committed ones. I didn't really mind the light rain and with a little more preparation it should be now trouble at all. It was actually nice to be out and see Amazon Creek and the Willamette River with higher flow rates. The ducks seem to enjoy it. The weather also made me think of the guy I met a while back who was starting a cross country trip. I had the choice to ride today. With such a long trip ahead of him, I'm sure there are days he would like to drive rather than ride but it's either zero VMG or get on the bike to go. I hope he's doing well.


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
6
5.22.2006
7.96mi87.13mi$2.31$14.07EUG

7.96mi95.09mi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8