Bike Commute - Day 7


It's all about fenders... Well more of the same type of light rain today. Given my experience yesterday, it was easier to decide I could ride in this stuff today. Calling it rain is a little misleading. It's OR rain which is to say it very light, small drops… or heavy humidity as I call it. It's not that it rains heavily here... it just that rain logs a lot of hours. This time I borrowed my son's rear fender and donned some waterproof shorts (kinda like short rain pants). That did the trick in preventing the rooster tail. It was actually double protection. With my Kokatat paddle jacket and added protection from the waist down, I was actually a little too warm. We'll have to see how well my water sports top crosses over to a more aerobic activity like cycling. Fortunately, it's been cooler on these wet rides.
No time information these days. I'm just trying to pick my way through all the debris dumped on the trail by the rain and wind (from a storm over the weekend) and avoid overheating... At some point during my ride in this morning (see mile mark 5 on the route), I passed the century mile mark.


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
7
5.23.2006
7.96mi103.05mi$2.31$16.38EUG
0:42
7.96mi111.01mi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8