Bike Commute - Day 8


"Wet ride?" Well it started out pretty dry (relatively). It wasn't really raining (even my my standards of humidity). Then it started raining about half way but not too bad. I didn't wear my "rubber pants" and stayed dry (again relatively). No rooster tail up the back side. Trevor's fender works as expected... I gotta get me some of that. I've ridden almost 130 miles and saved about $19 (just in gas)... but I've spent a little bit more than that on bike lub., tire levers and a pump... and obviously fenders are next. Still it saves gas and mileage on the ve-hicle (the four wheeled vehicled and internal combustion engine vs. the two wheeled vehicle and internal digestion engine).


DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
8
5.24.20060:41
7.96mi118.96mi$2.35$18.73EUG

7.96mi126.92mi

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to go man! I've tallied every piece of equipment purchased, worn, installed, fixed and replaced on my commuter system and thru telecommuting and bike commuting I've recovered about 60% of the total cost. It helps when gas prices are high :) The health factor and lack of wear and tear on the vehicle help too.

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz