Bike Commute - 21 through 23

On the way home this evening (6.20), I decided to count commuters again. I was thinking it would be a good number for comparison. The last time I counted, school was in session and it was the morning ride. Starting out I counted 16 riders between work and campus. That seems consistent with previous experience. On (a very quite) campus there were only 11 bike commuters which is exactly half the number I counted previously. Now the rest of the trip is a bit longer (about a mile) since I've changed my Park & Ride location. In addition, I remain on the Fern Ridge Bike Path for all of that extra distance. Are you ready? I counted 39 cyclists on the final leg of the trip. I think it would have been in the mid twenties, if I had left the trail where I normally do. That still beats the 50 I counted last time but a grand total of 66 is impressive for a small count on campus.
The count this morning (6.21) was 23, 2, 7 and my time was 38:40 which included a walk across the Autzen bike bridge because the construction work on the steam pipes under the bridge continues… It appeared they were finished so I was surprised to see them back this morning.
Different route today… Different time too. I worked at home for a while this morning and then rode in stopping at John Deere Landscapes for a couple irrigation fittings. This meant I had to ride north leaving the Fern Ridge Path and ride on surface streets. After getting the parts I needed, I was only a couple blocks from the Owen Rose Garden and the South Bank Trail. Nice change of pace.



DAYDateTimeDistanceCumulative DistanceSavingsTotal SavingsWeather
21
6.20.2006
9mi331mi$2.26$48.53EUG

9mi340mi
22
6.21.200638:40
9mi349mi$2.26$50.79EUG

9mi358mi
23
6.23.2006
9mi367mi$2.23$53.02EUG

9mi376mi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8