Bike Commute - 53 through 79

Sunset on the South West Eugene hillsAs the sun sets on the south hills of Eugene, my bike commuting season comes to an end.

The number of bike commuting days per post has dramatically increased over the summer. At this rate, next summers entire bike commuting season will be covered by a single post... Hmmm, that sounds about right! Here's a summary of the late summer pedaling;

09.05 This is the last day of summer for the kids. There's an open house at school tonight so I rode in with Jolyn. She's working at WCC right now. No sense in driving two cars to and from the same location. Tomorrow I'll be driving the kids to school again. My route will return to the original path and distance when I started all this.

09.15 Nice wind last night (up around 15) for the last race of the Thursday night series. We also had a little rain but I'll take rain and wind anytime over no rain and no wind… The weather was a little threatening this morning but I didn't get wet at all. [Have you noticed my Bike Commuting posts mention sailing a lot...]

09.29 Rode to work all five days this week. Sadly, the Thursday night sailing season has come to an end. One more regatta on Columbus Day weekend in Newport. [See what I mean...]

10.20 Counted 13,32 and 17 bike commuters this morning (before campus, campus and after campus). It's getting darker and looks like rain more often than not but still three days riding this week. [And no mention of sailing... How sad...]

10.23 About 40 degrees this morning… It's getting a little too cold to be riding a bike… I don’t mind the cold if I'm pointing the sticks down hill…

10.26 Okay… high 30's is cold on a bike…

10.27 Might have even been colder this AM… The bike commuter numbers are dwindling as I counted 14, 14 and 6. Looks like the students are the least hardy bikers.

So here are the final numbers... 79 days of bike commuting over six months covered a total of roughly 1313 miles!

DayDateCumulative DistanceTotal SavingsWeather
79
10.27.20061313mi$169EUG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Bike Commute - Day 8

Blue Like Jazz