Wind and Rain

These two natural "elements" come together on the bike as well as the boat. This time of year it's difficult to avoid either one in Oregon. As I've started bike commuting again, it occurred to me (...again) that wind is a problem for most sporting activities (as I rode into the wind). Not so with sailing! In fact, no wind is a big problem. As I pedaled into that head wind I thought this would be great... if I was sailing.

When it comes to rain..., well I can usually do without the rain on bike and boat. The current situation, however, is a bit different. We sail on a flood control reservoir which is currently a bit low (compared to the ideal water control curve). I'm thankful to have to lake at all as it received a major repair over the summer of 2005. At the same time, I'm hoping for a wet spring even if it means riding (and sailing) in the rain.

So, even though Brandon doesn't like the wind... I say let it blow... We're looking at about 15 mph out of the SW for tonight's first race of the season... SW wind brings rain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The RC is Always Right....

Blue Like Jazz

Bike Commute - Day 8